文章來源:http://blog.udn.com/corecorner/6918800

 

Awayoff都表示離開away表示距離的變遠,指由此而去,並不關心去何處。off是指由此而去,但要關心去何處,常與介詞to連用,表示去到某處。除此之外,off還可表示離開,別靠近,此外還可以表示聲音、形象的逐漸變小,或慢慢的消失在遠處。

 

  • How long shall you be away? 你要外出多久?
  • We are off to London tomorrow morning. 明天早上我們要去倫敦。
  • Keep off the grass! 請勿踐踏草地!
  • The day came off fine. 天氣放晴了。
  • The sound of the beautiful music trailed off in darkness. 美好的音樂消失在黑夜之中。
  • We live a block away from the park. 我們住的街區遠離公園。
  • We want to get away early in the day. 我們想白天早點出發。
  • We’ve toiled away at the project for more than a year. 這項工程持續了一年多。
  • Fire away! 掃射!

 

另外,day off (n.)可以當休假。例如:

  • It's an off day. 今天休假。
  • My off day is Saturday. 我的休假日是星期六。
  • They took a day off. 他休假一天。
  • Can I have a day off? 我能休一天假?

文章來源:http://blog.udn.com/corecorner/6918800

arrow
arrow
    全站熱搜

    trsunited 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()