close

What is your name?
「你叫什麼名字?」

you know, what’s your name? and they say, “Oh my name is John”.
我問他叫什麼名字,然後他說:「喔~我的名字是約翰」

And I say OK, that’s a little weird. I mean you don’t look like a John, but that’s OK.
我覺得很怪!因為你看起來就不是個「約翰」,但沒差

為什麼要英文名字?
Why do I have an English name?

1.

因為我表弟是外國人,我從小聽他們講英文名字,我也覺得我要有英文名字
Oh, because my cousin is a foreigner. They all have English names when they were kids, so I figured that I should have one too.

2.

I find that to be very helpful, I think a lot of foreigners do because often it’s hard for us to pronounce...or remember their Chinese names.
我覺得因為老外比較不會唸大家中文的名字,中文名字也比較難記

It seems like people put a lot of time and effort into learning English here.
不少台灣人花很多時間在學習英文

I think it just kinda shows more international perspective, English is the global language.
這也是一種國際化的現象,畢竟英文是全球通用語言

But usually I also ask their maiden name, their born name
但我通常會問他們的本名

cuz that’s interesting! I think people should be proud of that and telling people that as well.
因為你應該對自己的本名感到驕傲,我想老外也會想知道

 

3.

 

When I met people that were from Asia, I think a couple of them tried using their real names.
我之前碰到一些亞洲人,他們嘗試告訴我們他們的本名

 

Americans tried to say them, them messed them up so badly that they just gave up.
我們試著要講他們的中文名字,但發音非常不標準

 

It was harder for people to remember.
而且中文名不太好記

In the school that I worked at in Korea.
我在韓國一間學校教英文

I never even learned their Korean names ever. I taught the same kids for the entire year.
我教了同一批小孩快一年,我都不知道他們韓文的名字

They called each other by their English names.
他們都用英文名字稱呼彼此

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My name is Keith.
我的名字叫基斯

99% of people in Taiwan, are going to say my name the wrong way.
大部份的台灣人都沒辦法標準的說我的名字

The point is you tried, and that’s the important thing.
重點是你有去嘗試過就好了

Look how Indians do it?
那印度人怎麼辦?

They have really long names like Rajaranum.
比如說有人叫羅傑羅南

Those are way longer than any Chinese names that I have ever heard.
那些比我聽過的任何一個中文名字還長

The Indians instruct the foreigners how to say their name.
印度人教導外國人怎麼說他們的名字

 

There are even websites that say how to pronounce an Indian person’s name.
甚至還有印度網站教你怎麼標準發音

 

So that IT departments can have better relationships with each other.
所以同一個單位裡的人可以真正認識彼此

 

Because if you can say the real person’s name, just...gives a good feelings to someone.
如果你能講出對方的真名,那是一種尊重

 

Your mother...gave you your name! You should be proud of that.
你媽媽幫你取了你的名字,你應該要為它感到驕傲

 

You should be proud that you are a Chen Wei Ling or a Liu Ao Bo
你應該很高興你是個「陳葦綾」或「劉奧伯」

 

or whatever your name happens to be. It’s your name, and you should embrace it.
或者不管你叫什麼名字,你應該要好好愛惜你的名字

Once when you get to know the person, once you feel comfortable with them.
當你跟我們這些外國人變熟了以後,你應該告訴我們你的本名

arrow
arrow
    全站熱搜

    trsunited 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()