最近有一些人問我們外國人對台灣的選舉有什麼看法
Some people have asked our opinions about Taiwan’s upcoming election.

1.美國


有一些來台灣的外國人待的時間不夠長
Some of us haven’t been here long enough.

我們沒有沒有機會很了解台灣的政治
We don’t really know anything about Taiwan’s politics.

所以我們不適合發表任何意見
Therefore, we aren’t in a position to offer any opinions.

但是我今天想跟你們聊的是「投票」的重要性!
However, I’d like to share my thoughts on the importance of voting.

我的很多台灣朋友,他們從來沒有投過票
I have many Taiwanese friends, who have never voted.

他們跟我講的原因就是他們對台灣的候選人沒有信心
They told me because they didn’t think they could trust those candidates.

再說,這幾年台灣發生了這麼多不好的事情
Plus, Taiwan has suffered from numerous scandals in recent years.

所以你叫他們該怎麼辦?
So, can you blame them?

像在美國,很多年輕人跟台灣的年輕人一樣,他們都不投票
In the States, many young people don’t vote either.

但是我覺得這種想法是不對的,因為如果你都不投票的話,什麼事情都不能改變
They don’t realize without voting, nothing can ever be changed.
I think Taiwan is a incredibly special place, because you have the blessing of having your vote actually count.
我覺得能在台灣投票是一件很幸福的事

Now in other countries in the world, there are many countries where you can’t vote, or if you can vote, your vote doesn’t really count for anything, because the systems are too corrupt.
世界上有些國家根本沒有投票制度,甚至有的是讓你投了也不算數的體制

2.韓國

I think the voting is very important.
我覺得投票很重要
因為這是讓政客會怕人民的最好方法
Because it’s the best way to make politicians afraid of citizens.

為了打贏選戰,候選人必須得提出選民更需要的政見才有機會贏
Because they don’t want to be beaten by other competitors, if the voting rate increases, they will listen to what citizens want.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

聽說你們常常被宣傳車吵、候選人煩
I know all of you are tired of these lousy election stuff.

可是投票還是很重要,因為投票是個可以改變政府政策的好機會
But voting is crucial because that’s your opportunity to change things.

所以記得去投票!!
SO GET OUT AND VOTE!!

arrow
arrow
    全站熱搜

    trsunited 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()