介係詞是句子中的精靈,它和動詞組在一起,會增加動詞的強度、亮度,使動詞更具動感,像Speak up! 就比單單Speak有力。
我們一起來看以下的句子,比較A與B句,你會驚嘆介系詞的魅力與表現力。B中出現的at, behind, by, on, with等都是常見的介系詞,但這小小的介系詞真的起了「畫龍點睛」的作用。
1、當我聽到這事時,我簡直不敢相信我的耳朵。
A:I couldn't believe my ears when I heard this.
B:I couldn't believe my ears at this.
2、她死後留下六個孩子。
A: She left six children after she died.
B: She left six children behind her.
3、如果需要幫助,就給我打電話,號碼是27215033。
A: If you need help, just ring me up. My telephone number is 27215033.
B: If you need help, just ring me up at 27215033.
4、我們舉杯慶祝他的成功。
A: We raise a toast to congratulate him on his great success.
B: We raise a toast to his great success.
5、這段文章生詞太多,我要理解真是太難了。
A:There are so many new words in this passage, so it is hard for me to understand.
B:With too many new words in it, this passage is beyond me.
6、他因為30票之差輸了競選。
A:He misses election because of 30 votes.
B:He missed election by 30 votes.
7、證據對他不利。
A: The evidence is not good for him.
B: The evidence is against him.
8、我可以幫你完成這個專案。
A: I can help you finish the project.
B: I can help you with the project.
9、我買單。
A: I'll pay the bill.
B: It's on me.
資料來源:http://www.businessweekly.com.tw/blog/article.php?id=1430
留言列表