文章來源:http://blog.udn.com/corecorner/5373024

 

我講英文的時候,還是用中文邏輯,這句話聽起來很熟悉吧?這是很多英語學習者的人最大感挫折的來源。

譬如,我最不期望你做的事,英文竟然是the last thing I'd expect you to do;最不想見的人竟是the last person I'd like to see。在英文課堂上很難引入這些句子,因為它不是「對、錯」的問題,而是「有或沒有」那種思維的問題。

下面我們把中文寫在英文前面,希望你先把英文蓋住,看看可不可以在中文干擾下,還講出很自然、道地的英文。而且還得想辦法,下回遇到老外時,非用出來不可!

1. 禮拜一開會。你有空嗎? 我知道相當晚才通知。

The meeting will be on Monday. Are you available? I know it's pretty short notice. (很晚才通知)

2.我一點都不希望你這樣做。

That's the last thing I'd expect you to do.

3. 我的名字是Robert Lin,但是你可以叫我Robert就好。

My name is Robert Lin, but you can call me Robert for short. (簡稱)

4. 用第二語言還能幽默溝通,是件難事。

It's difficult to get humor across in a second language.

5. 講義不夠分。

There aren't enough handouts to go round.

6. 你可不可以幫我將這份文件影印10份?

Would you mind running off 10 copies of this document for me?

7. 你說的有些道理,我會接受你的建議。

There's something to what you say; I'll take your advice.(叙述等)有點道理

8. 犯錯在所難免。你怎麼回應所犯的錯誤才重要。

Mistakes are a fact of life. It is the response to the error that counts.

9. 明天就到我辦公室來,我們再想想辦法。

Just come into the office tomorrow and we'll take it from there.

10. 我確信你不會愚蠢到會相信那種事。

I am sure you are wiser than to believe that.

11. 單一一次的失敗,對我沒有影響。

I am none the worse for a single failure.

12. 我想談談我的意見,儘管我的想法不一定對。

I have my opinion such as it is.

文章來源:http://blog.udn.com/corecorner/5373024

arrow
arrow
    全站熱搜
    創作者介紹
    創作者 trsunited 的頭像
    trsunited

    聯合翻譯有限公司/聯合翻譯社

    trsunited 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()