close

文章來源:http://blog.udn.com/corecorner/4794256

 

小編曰:今天來看這幾句好用的美國俚語,要真的學起來用呢!

 

1. I’m a little edgy. edgy的意思是緊張,不耐煩。

 

She's been a bit edgy lately, waiting for a job offer.
她最近有些焦躁,因為在等一個工作通知。

 

 

 

2. I'm at a loss for words,用來表達一時找不到字來說。(經常是處於驚訝狀態時用語)

 

I'm at a loss for words. I really don't know how else I can explain.
我完全不知道該怎麼解釋原因。

 

 

 

3. keep my edge = stay sharp意思是某人保持最好的狀態。

 

I have to speak English every day just in order to keep my edge.
為了我英語一直好下去,我每天都練習口語。
相反的,lose your edge 意思是不在狀態,狀態不好。

 

 

 

4. be maxed out: 累壞了

 

"max" 是“極限”的意思。用"maxed out" 來表示一個人累慘了很傳神!
A: I'm working 60 hours this week. I'm totally maxed out.
A: 我這星期工作六十個小時。我真是完全累壞了。
B: 70 hours? I'd be dead if I worked this hard.
B: 六十個小時? 我要是工作這麼多, 我一定會死了

 

 

 

5. What are you up to?最近在忙什麼?

 

A: I haven't seen you around lately. What are you up to?
A: 最近沒見到你。 在忙什麼呢?
B: I'm working two jobs right now. It's killing me.
B: 我現在做兩份工作。很累很累!

文章來源:http://blog.udn.com/corecorner/4794256

arrow
arrow
    全站熱搜
    創作者介紹
    創作者 trsunited 的頭像
    trsunited

    聯合翻譯有限公司/聯合翻譯社

    trsunited 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()